Windows 7 Open hidden themes in windows 7 RC

xiangxianni

Just go to C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT ,there are 6 hidden themes there.
You can double-click the .themes file under sub-directory Theme to install the theme
Note:You need to change your folder options to show hidden and system protected files.

I am sorry if most of you already know this or some one else had posted it here .

Help

I cant even use the control panel apeer a mesage like this:

windows cannot access the specifed device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item

Strange

I have build 7100 downloaded from the Microsoft website, and I don't see the MCT folder (even on Show all files)

BUT

If i type in C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT

It will go to the folder

Last edited:
you should unclick in the folders options "mask the system protected files" then you will see the MCT appear. In French version I get french and canadian themes, it's nice...

Strange

I have build 7100 downloaded from the Microsoft website, and I don't see the MCT folder (even on Show all files)

BUT

It will go to the folder
thnx for the info, now I am able to see the MCT and subfolders. Wallpapers are too good.

Thanks, I didn't know this. It works. It gives you some interesting wallpapers with those new themes.

1. Folder Options > View > Show hidden files and folders
2. C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT:
go inside each of the 6 subfolders > Theme > Click on theme file.

My build is 7201.

Strange

BUT

It will go to the folder

Thanks, that worked great and they are pretty cool themes.

Much thanks to the OP... Some of these Desktops are awesome!

If you don't want to change options, go to C:\Windows\Globalizations, and put MCT in the address bar, it will show it, At least in my version (RTM 7600 Spanish language natively) it has 2 themes: Spain and Mexico