Windows 7 Open hidden themes in windows 7 RC

xiangxianni

Just go to C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT ,there are 6 hidden themes there.
You can double-click the .themes file under sub-directory Theme to install the theme
Note:You need to change your folder options to show hidden and system protected files.

I am sorry if most of you already know this or some one else had posted it here .:razz:

Help

I cant even use the control panel apeer a mesage like this:

windows cannot access the specifed device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item

I have Build 7100 and it's in there. Themes for UK, US, Canada, S.Africa and Aus. The Canadian one is superb.

Strange

I have build 7100 downloaded from the Microsoft website, and I don't see the MCT folder (even on Show all files)

BUT

If i type in C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT

It will go to the folder

Last edited:
you should unclick in the folders options "mask the system protected files" then you will see the MCT appear. In French version I get french and canadian themes, it's nice...

Strange

I have build 7100 downloaded from the Microsoft website, and I don't see the MCT folder (even on Show all files)

BUT

It will go to the folder
thnx for the info, now I am able to see the MCT and subfolders. Wallpapers are too good.

Just go to C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT ,there are 6 hidden themes there.
You can double-click the .themes file under sub-directory Theme to install the theme
Note:You need to change your folder options to show hidden and system protected files.

I am sorry if most of you already know this or some one else had posted it here .:razz:

Thanks, I didn't know this. It works. It gives you some interesting wallpapers with those new themes. :)

1. Folder Options > View > Show hidden files and folders
2. C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT:
go inside each of the 6 subfolders > Theme > Click on theme file.

My build is 7201.

Strange

BUT

It will go to the folder

Thanks, that worked great and they are pretty cool themes. :)

If you don't want to change options, go to C:\Windows\Globalizations, and put MCT in the address bar, it will show it, At least in my version (RTM 7600 Spanish language natively) it has 2 themes: Spain and Mexico

Back
Top Bottom