Windows 7 Opening Ports. Yes I have searched didnt help :(

Steam56

Hey there,

I have tried all the solutions that I could find at opening ports for a mud server i am trying to run, I have correctly forwarded my port on my router, Allowed the incoming/outbound connections on the firewall on both host computer and my laptop. I managed to only open the ports using a program called port forwarding wizard which I thought yes my problem solved but this opens it but then i cant use the port as it is currently using it :( Is there any other solutions?

Thanks

I have correctly forwarded my port on my router

Sorry, but since no one else has responded, I will make a fool of myself. I do not know what a Mud Server is, but I thought you forwarded a port through a router, not to a router.

Have you allowed the port in your firewall on your computer? What port is it?

Yes I would be forwarding it through the router :) it is port 4455 but i have tried lots of ports even port 80, 23 all standard ports are showing as closed or at least when I try it on canyouseeme.org it says connection refused, my ISP is virginmedia but they have confirmed that they do not block ports. And Yes I have allowed the port in my firewall both outbound and inbound

Again, this is not my area, but have you tried a port above 50000? The Resouce Monitor is a good way to see what ports are open, and I notice Steam uses something around 57000

Again, this is not my area, but have you tried a port above 50000? The Resouce Monitor is a good way to see what ports are open, and I notice Steam uses something around 57000

Hi, Yeah I have tried ports above 50000, I used a program to see which ports were "Open" and it showed every single one closed apart from 4 so I tried those but still said they were closed

I also notice that both Steam and Portal show in the Windows Firewall as "ANY" for the local and remote ports on inbound connections, but I am not running a server.

Maybe a more experienced user will come along to help.

Back