Windows 7 Operating System Not Detected.

Raen

Hi iam new to this forum.

i recently bought a vaio VPCX113KG off ebay. after a month of use the pc wont boot. it comes up as "operating system not found" but the laptop doesn't have an optical drive and I can find downloadable recovery media. what should i do ? i think the hard disk is being detected in the bios.

regards

You probably need to run a ChkDsk on the drive. It might correct some corruption and allow the system to boot.

If you have not, I would create a backup image of the system, just in case the drive is going bad.

You did not get any recovery media with the computer? But it is an OEM install and some type of label is attached to the computer?

If you do not have a recovery CD and you don't get the opportunity to make one, you can download the Windows 7 install DVD from this link. You may not be able to use it to install and then activate, but you should be able to boot to it so you can get into the WinRE to repair your install.

Link Removed - Not Found

Transfer the Windows 7 Installation/Repair image (.iso) to USB stick.
Use "Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool" (free MS tool) for this task.
Boot from USB and select "StartUp Repair".
StartUp Repair can be run 3-4 times with rebooting after each run until no errors are reported.

If it was a software problem StartUp Repair should fix it.

If StartUp Repair cannot fix - check memory and disk for errors.

Back