Windows Vista Optical drive question

Pandaz3

Extraordinary Member
I made a thread in the Hardware discussion hoping to find a solution, I won't re-post the question here, but perhaps you could look at it there

Thanks

I would try flashing the firmware. I know there's a recent update as I use a Lite-On, mine is a LH-18AP, I flashed it recently and its a easy process with these models. Website is here: Link Removed - Invalid URL
The above site is for the firmware too....Good luck.

I tried but was unsuccessful, I went out and bought a Phillips Sata Drive (BenQ ?) and took the other two IDE drives out, but .... sameo sameo! I have tried removing users and all as I noticed that a program would not run as I was denied "Administrative rights" (I am the sole user)

Hmm....Strange one. Tell me, did you add these drives without doing a fresh install? (I'd read your original post again but I'm short for time) If not try doing a fresh install so Vista picks everything up at the beginning.

While I have not found a solution, someone else, in another forum asked about upper and lower registers in the registry. It seems to me I did this with Win 95, Me, or XP long ago.

I really think I will wait till I Have the time and then put a new bigger drive in and load my new Vista 64 Ultimate. I intended to upgrade anyway, I just have several MS programs like Office '07, Street and Trips '08, Win Flight Simulator X, that I will have to re-install and re-activate. Lazy mainly.

Back