Windows 7 Option To "Extend Partition" Grayed Out In Disk Management (SOLVED)

Inception

I guess I'll start with what gave birth to this problem: I was curious about OpenSUSE so I thought I'd try it out, I dual booted Windows with OpenSUSE and everything was fine, I gave it a go, exactly what I wanted to do, and then I was done with it. In the process of installing OpenSUSE however, it resized my Windows (C: ) partition, and in Disk Management the option to extend the partition is grayed out, I have successfully removed Grub (With a bit of noob errors which I quickly ironed out, basically I deleted the Linux partitions in Windows through Disk Management and screwed up Grub so my PC wouldn't boot, I fixed this by inserting my Windows 7 install disc and going to the "repair" options, opening Command Prompt and typing "bootsect /nt60 C: /mbr", which fixed that problem completely) but now this new problem is here. Screenshot:
flFdmmn.png

Edit:
Perhaps the reason I cannot extend it is because I am actually on the partition? But then why can I shrink it? I need to extend it back to it's original size which was 931GB. What would be the safest way to go about doing this?
==
Also ignore the first entry in the Disk Management, it is my flash drive.

Need to see a screen shot of the disk management window with out the right click option you have open there.

Need to see a screen shot of the disk management window with out the right click option you have open there.
Ah, sorry, here you go, I also resized the window so that you can see everything there.
0MH8RRF.png

Also, the first thing there the "System Reserved" partition says: (System, Active, Primary Partition)
Edit:
I have fixed the problem, I created a live usb of Gparted with Rufus and booted onto it, resized the partition from there with no problems whatsoever. It actually turns out there was something taking up all that free space not shown on the Disk Management utility, a hidden partition sort of, I'm not sure, I deleted that through Gparted and it allowed me to resize it through Gparted as well, after a Chkdsk I was able to successfully boot into Windows and so far no issues..

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, does Disk Management now show drive c: with a total space of 931.41 GB?

You tried extending the partition that was marked as free space (green)? There was the problem, you should have selected the C-partition and extended it to use the free space (as you obviously did in GParted).

You tried extending the partition that was marked as free space (green)? There was the problem, you should have selected the C-partition and extended it to use the free space (as you obviously did in GParted).
No, I tried to extend the partition marked as C: and it would simply not let me, in Gparted there was an extra (hidden) partition using all of what is marked as "Free space" I deleted it and that allowed me to extend the C: partition.

Back