Windows 7 Outside software not compatible with the version of Windows I'm running.

EverSteel

Greeting to the ppl at W7F.

I going to jump right into this. If my question seems trivial I sincerely apologize.

I have attempted to install 4 or 5 different files over the past few weeks and I get this same message every time.

"The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check
your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit)
version of the program, and then contact the software publisher."

I have already tried opening the setup for the various progs in every different older OS using the compatibility method to no avail. Lol it's driving me insane. The progs I'm trying to run are programs that were made for OS95 & 98. Couple different games, screensaver disks, various others. I swear by Google that my answer can always be found somewhere with searching but I was having trouble locating this one. sa la vie

I can't contact the software publisher about these progs considering that they no longer exist. But just to be sure there was nothing wrong with my old disks, I went to a cousin's house and he has all kinds of old comp/OS lying around and they worked perfectly on them.

I'm stumped for the moment. Going to continue searching on my prob, but in the meantime maybe there's a Godsend somewhere in here with a simple solution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Respectfully,
EverSteel

PS: Here is some of my system info if that helps

Version: 6.1.7600 Build 7600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corp.
System Type: x64-based pc
I don't think you need anymore of my system info but if you do just let me know. TakeCare

I apologize for the extremely late reply. I've been very busy these recent times with the start of spring and all.

CyberCore your information was invaluable to me. The VirtualBox worked like a charm but the concept of VB was pretty much moot when it came to the old screensaver progs; sa la vie. But old ScSa progs don't really matter a whole lot. I have a bit of researching to do with VB; it seems to be a prog of worthy potential.

With many thanks and great appreciation,
Respectfully, ES

Back