Windows 7 P5k/epu LAN trouble

offhoff

Hi,

I recently installed Windows 7 and everything has been fine except that I can't get the ethernet controller to work. I know its a marvell and I've tried running both the vista64 and 32 drivers in compatibility mode but neither has worked. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi,

I recently installed Windows 7 and everything has been fine except that I can't get the ethernet controller to work. I know its a marvell and I've tried running both the vista64 and 32 drivers in compatibility mode but neither has worked. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Hi,
If it is a Mob Integrated Network adapter, try a PCI NIC with known drivers for VISTA of the same architecture as Win 7 ( X32 or X64) you want to install . If you are already using a PCI NIC try a different brand or a later version from the same manufacturer that is coming with VISTA driver CD. I know it is an expensive troubleshoot :(

Hi,
If it is a Mob Integrated Network adapter, try a PCI NIC with known drivers for VISTA of the same architecture as Win 7 ( X32 or X64) you want to install . If you are already using a PCI NIC try a different brand or a later version from the same manufacturer that is coming with VISTA driver CD. I know it is an expensive troubleshoot :(

But others seem have gotten the onboard nic working. It seems odd that I alone wouldn't be able too...

The setup program will launch on the 64 version of the driver in compatibility mode it just fails each time.

If you can send me the make , model and version of your MoBo I could see if I have it and try an installation to reproduce your problem. I have MS Webcam LifeCam VX 3000 that works in VISTA with VISTA driver but fails to work in Win 7. MS website says it will work, I made a couple of attemps using the prompted for and downloaded driver during its install but the system will indicate at the end after seeming to install the device, that it was not installed and prompt you again and again for uninstall and reinstall and finally after 3 attempts I gave up. But a Logitech QuickCam Communicate STX had no problem installing with their VISTA driver on CD. My take after this , you cannot always go by the rule "what works in VISTA will always work in Win 7" but be pretty certain that any device incompatible with VISTA will fail in Win7.

Back