Windows 7 PFN_LIST_CORRUPT Blue Screen Error! Please help me fix the problem!

hg3300

I simply closed out of Tunebite 7 and I got a BSOD. I will give you all the events that are suspicious (red):

Error - 3:17:41AM - 6008 - None - The previous system shutdown at 3:16:12AM on 4/8/2010 was unexpected.
Critical - 3:17:08AM - (41) - (63) - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Warning - 3:17:42AM - 11 - None - Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications.
Error - 3:17:53AM - 1001 - None - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000004e (0x00000099, 0x0000e3e1, 0x00000003, 0x0006c5f3). A dump was saved in C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 040810-43671-01.
Error - 3:17:44AM - 7000 - None - The DgiVecp service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the device specified.

I get these errors too often.

I also attached my files. Let me know if you need anything else.

Attachments

• files.zip
    37.6 KB · Views: 632
Hi hg3300,
could you please post whether your running with the latest drivers and system Bios. Oh and system spec would be handy too.. :)

Computer Specs
Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 32-bit
ProcessorAMD Phenom II X4 925
MotherboardMSI NF750-G55 (MS-7578)
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce 210
Memory4GB
Hard Drive500GB WDC WD5000ADS-00S9B0
Network AdapterRealtek
MonitorHP w1907
Optical DrivesATAPI DH20A4P
Anti-virus SoftwareAVG Free 9.5
Windows Experience Index4.6

Hi hg3300,
I checked your DMP file although nothing much could be gleaned, I do notice however that you have 4GB of RAM but are running in 32bit Windows? Have you considered trading up to 64bit to utilize all of that RAM?
You didn't mention whether your system Bios is the latest version nor your drivers.. Please advise.

As far as I can tell I have the latest drivers and Bios. I have 4GB because I can't just stick in 3.2GB of RAM cause that is not a valid increment of RAM and I want the max so my computer will run as fast as possible.

Have you considered trading up to 64bit? You'll then be able to use the extra RAM..

If you are running with the latest software and Bios then try testing the RAM for problems using this app: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Only test one stick at a time so if you find errors you know which stick it is..

i don't have CDs to waste. so how am I supposed to run this program? Money is important so I really can't afford to buy a new OS (64 bit)

Blue screens are caused (usually) by either Driver/hardware incompatibility. incorrect Bios, Bad RAM or HDD and overheating. This list is by no means conclusive but these are the 'usual suspects'. (mind you I had a CD/DVD ROM drive that kept causing Blue screens so it just shows that there are other causes too )
I found your motherboards website so please check if your Bios is the latest version:
MSI Europe

I notice that it's an 'Nforce chipset', are you running the latest drivers from Nvidia?
NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search
See screenshot:

Oh and memtest can also be run from a USB drive or floppy.

Last edited:
i do believe that I have the latest drivers for my Mobo. I will try to see if I can get memtest to work from my flash drive sometime in the near future.

Back