Windows 7 Phantom Drive showing in Computer

nitewulf

Honorable Member
Somehow I've ended up with a "phantom" local disk Q showing in Computer. It shows as 0 bytes used and 0 free; it cannot be accessed. It does NOT show in either disk management or device manager. It is not my card reader which is removable drive F. I do not have an external drive connected of any type. I have 2 harddrives installed, C and D. I cannot use system restore as I somehow had turned it off (it's now back on). I uninstalled several applications from around the date first noticed, but it's still there. I guess it won't hurt anything, but does anyone know of a method, registry edit or any way to remove such a "ghost drive".?

I had to uninstall Microsoft Office 2010 Beta to get rid of the "Phantom Drive." I don't know if this will help you or not but it did me.

I had to uninstall Microsoft Office 2010 Beta to get rid of the "Phantom Drive." I don't know if this will help you or not but it did me.

Thanks! That's exactly what it was. Removing Office 2010 Beta removed the phantom drive.

Or for a more detailed explanation and an alternative way of removing it without removing Office 2010 Beta see these threads..

Office 2010 Beta - Phantom Q drive

Link Removed - Invalid URL
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Back
Top Bottom