Windows 7 Phenom II X4 955 and Windows 7 - core speed 800 MHz

Mylo

Hey guys,

I've got Sapphire AM2RS790G MBO (BIOS - Phoenix Tech. 6.00, date 1/9/2009), Windows 7 Ultimate and Phenom II X4 955.

Right after the install of Windows, My Computer reported Phenom II X4 955 - 800 MHz.

:eek:

I've tried the CPU-Z tool, here's the result;

2wm46td.png

I've checked the BIOS, here's the screenshot;

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Tried to adjust the CPU ratio in BIOS to 16x (3200 MHz), but it froze the PC, no signal on monitor after that...so I've took the battery off and now it's back to auto, 800 MHz.

I've tried to fix the settings in msconfig, no avail.

Apparently Coon'n'Quiet is disabled, so why the low MHz? I've ran the benchmarking tool PerformanceTest and compared my results with a regular Phenom II X4 955.

What is the problem?

Hey guys,

I've got Sapphire AM2RS790G MBO (BIOS - Phoenix Tech. 6.00, date 1/9/2009), Windows 7 Ultimate and Phenom II X4 955.

Right after the install of Windows, My Computer reported Phenom II X4 955 - 800 MHz.

2wm46td.png

I've checked the BIOS, here's the screenshot;

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Tried to adjust the CPU ratio in BIOS to 16x (3200 MHz), but it froze the PC, no signal on monitor after that...so I've took the battery off and now it's back to auto, 800 MHz.

I've tried to fix the settings in msconfig, no avail.

Apparently Coon'n'Quiet is disabled, so why the low MHz? I've ran the benchmarking tool PerformanceTest and compared my results with a regular Phenom II X4 955.

What is the problem?

Is there a Bios update for your board, as my old board had this issue until I upgraded to the latest bios. The latest bios I could find for you board is dated Jul 23, 2010.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Like Nmsuk say's check the system bios and please let us know how you get on..

Hey guys,

2wm46td.png

Run cpuz, but put some load on the CPU... Get it nice and busy... does the speed ramp up? That looks like Cool and Quiet running to me... My machine's 2.8ghz AMD 64 x2 and it spends most of it's time at about 940 mhz...

If you look in the Windows Power settings you will find a minimum and maximum CPU state... Windows is probably re-enabling C&Q.

Last edited:
My 940 throttles back to 800MHz so it could be cool n quiet happening although when the OP tried to change bios settings he got a freeze.. So until the bios update is reported back on I'd hate to say more..

Back