Windows 7 Photoshop CS hangs everytime I try to close it

foxinsocks

Hello. I'm new here, I hope is okay to post on this folder.

Anyway, I've used Photoshop CS (8) for years now and always with Win XP. About a month ago I formatted my HD and installed Windows 7. Then I installed a few programs that I usually use, including Photoshop CS.
Now, my problem is this: The program works well and everything, though sometimes it gets really slow for some reason, like when I have too many files opened in it... which didn't happen with Win XP.
But my main problem is that Photoshop hangs every single time I try to close it. It closes everything (any work I had done, etc) but the program, and I always have to force the closing.

I get this error in the Event Viewer:
Event 1002, Application Hang
Photoshop.exe program, version 8.0.1.0, stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Control Panel Action Center.
Process ID: 109c
Start time: 01cdc4239ca464b2
End time: 110
The path of the application: C: \ Program Files \ Adobe \ Photoshop CS \ Photoshop.exe
Report ID: 0e7aac98-301b-11e2-a99e-00192113889e

I use Windows 7 Ultimate and have 2GB of RAM.
I checked any compatibility issues and nothing came up, and even tried to run it with a different configuration, but it wouldn't open.
Should I try with a newer version of Photoshop, or can this be fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Joined to reply to your post, I also recently migrated to W7 and was worried that my copy of Photoshop CS (8) would not work, but to my surprise everything did, including closing.
Only 2GB of ram?

Joined to reply to your post, I also recently migrated to W7 and was worried that my copy of Photoshop CS (8) would not work, but to my surprise everything did, including closing.
Only 2GB of ram?

Hey there. Mine seems to work just fine, the problem is just when I want to close it.

Yeah, I can't afford much else :/

Could be just about everything... two simple tries could be:

1. Turn off security / antivirus programs before you turn on Photoshop, work as usual for some time, then turn computer off - people have had problems with Norton working at the same time as Photoshop
2. Simply uninstall and reinstall

The amount of RAM shouldn't affect the process, other than perhaps making it slower in case of lack of memory.

Could be just about everything... two simple tries could be:

1. Turn off security / antivirus programs before you turn on Photoshop, work as usual for some time, then turn computer off - people have had problems with Norton working at the same time as Photoshop
2. Simply uninstall and reinstall

The amount of RAM shouldn't affect the process, other than perhaps making it slower in case of lack of memory.

Hi there.

I changed the compatibility setting for PS to Vista. It still had problems with the XP configuration, but it seems to work with the Vista one... even though I never used Vista :p

Back
Top Bottom