Windows 7 Pink text on start up, and blue screen after windows logo on normal startup

Noskavian

Well my problem began with a windows "critical update" which disabled my sound, I had to do a system restore everytime my computer shutdown, very annoying. Even after I told windows not to update it did. Eventually I ran out of restore points that my sound worked on. I decided to re-install the OS (windows 7) that worked fine, but then during a game I got a blue screen, and I tried playing the game again and it happened again. I figured well it must because I am playing the game without the most updated video drivers. So I went to nvidia and installed the drivers and got my cards in SLI. played again and, again blue screened. and this time on start up, when all the words come up. they where mostly all pink, some might have been white like they should be but they are mostly pink. I thought this was bizarre. and sadly now everytime it passes loading windows screen it blue screens and restarts shows the bizzarre pink start up text and blue screens after load. I can boot up in safe mode, but not normally.

If you believe it was a windows update, did you try uninstalling it? You can set update so it does not install anything unless you allow it.

Is there any chance your video cards are having a problem? Could one have overheated?

Can you remove one and run just one at a time to check?

As Saltgrass suggests you could change the setting in windows update to 'check for updates but ask me whether to download and install them'. Also if you get the sound driver update again try clicking 'roll back driver'.
As for your current problem it sounds like a driver has become corrupted and it could be easier to re-install 7 rather than try and track it down (unless you can tell us what the text says on the screen). I'd also check that your system Bios is the latest version..

Well the windows update caused sound problems, and I did a system restore and told windows to stop updating and deleted the downloaded updates and stuff, but for some reason it continued to update and I did restores untill I ran out of restore points, at which case I reinstalled the OS. which is when I crashed while playing a game then I updated video drivers, tried to play the game again, and crashed and now I cannot boot up in normal mode. the start up has pink text and after windows logo goes away it blue screens.

If you do not have it fixed yet, about all I could recommend is to go into device manager. Select the Video Adapter and Roll Back the driver. It will ask if you want to delete the drivers for the card and click yes.

Another way to do this is the Uninstall driver button. It will also as if you want to delete the other drivers.

If you do this, reboot then reload your correct drivers. You may be able to boot normally after you uninstall the current drivers.

If this has no effect, possibly a hardware problem has developed with your video card or monitor. Video card probably best guess.

Back