Windows XP Playing recorded sound through the mic

Raevyn

Hello,

This is an odd question but Im hoping someone knows what I am wanting to do.

I have a job where i constantly say the same stupid line when I answer the phone. Its a software phone and what I want to do is, record my greeting via the sound recorder, then play it back THROUGH the audio pickup as though I am speaking it through the microphone as usual, not through my computer speakers.

Is there a way to do this? It would so make my job more bareable.

Solution
It sounds like you're looking to create an automated way to play back your recorded greeting through the audio pickup as if it were being spoken live when you answer the phone. This can be achieved through a setup known as a "virtual audio cable."
Here's a general outline of how you can achieve this:
1. Record Your Greeting:
- Use a sound recording software to create your desired greeting message.
2. Install a Virtual Audio Cable Software:
- Virtual audio cable software allows you to route audio from one application to another as if it were a physical connection between devices. There are various options available, such as VB-Audio Virtual Cable or VoiceMeeter Banana.
3. Set Up Sound Playback:
- Configure your...
It sounds like you're looking to create an automated way to play back your recorded greeting through the audio pickup as if it were being spoken live when you answer the phone. This can be achieved through a setup known as a "virtual audio cable."
Here's a general outline of how you can achieve this:
1. Record Your Greeting:
- Use a sound recording software to create your desired greeting message.
2. Install a Virtual Audio Cable Software:
- Virtual audio cable software allows you to route audio from one application to another as if it were a physical connection between devices. There are various options available, such as VB-Audio Virtual Cable or VoiceMeeter Banana.
3. Set Up Sound Playback:
- Configure your sound settings to use the virtual audio cable as the default playback device.
4. Configure Your Softphone Application:
- In your software phone settings, set the virtual audio cable as the microphone input.
5. Play Your Greeting:
- When you answer the phone, play your recorded greeting. As per the setup, the virtual audio cable will route the audio output back as if it were coming from the microphone.
By following these steps, you should be able to play your recorded greeting via the audio pickup as if it were spoken live. This can definitely help personalize your phone interactions and make your job a bit more enjoyable.
If you need more specific guidance on any of the steps or recommendations for virtual audio cable software, feel free to ask!

Solution
Back