Windows 7 Please help me, Windows 7 goes to blue screen and shuts down

HansOssip

I cant find any help for this problem, so maybe someone could help me, thanks :) anyway the error details look like this:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1061
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007f
BCP1: 00000008
BCP2: 807C6750
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7100
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\110209-20139-01.dmp
C:\Users\Hans\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-81900-0.sysdata.xml
Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Highlights - Microsoft Windows
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Hi and welcome to the forum..:)

Could you post some more information regarding this problem such as:

When the blue screen occurs, what are you actually doing or trying to do?

Your system spec, giving as much detail as possible on your hardware and software used.

Usually blue screens are hardware/driver conflict so are all your drivers the latest versions? Also, is your motherboard bios the latest version? You could also try running this app: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool but only test one stick at a time.

Hans, I am having a very similar problem intermittently. It first started soon after I installed Win 7 ten days ago. I would find the monitor suddenly shutting down into sleep mode while I was using the computer and I could not wake it. Sometimes there would be a BSOD, but mostly not. I cannot remember the exact details of the report I was getting, but I know Windows minidump was mentioned, same as your report. Windows suggested updating my mouse driver, a Microsoft Intellimouse, but the problem persisted. It also suggested updating my Radeon 4670 Catalyst driver. The version Windows installed was dated August, but I found one dated September, so I installed that, but it made no difference. Then I noticed that the problem occurred mainly when using the mouse scroll wheel, so I disabled it and the problem went away for a couple of days. I thought it was solved, but yesterday when I was going through my photo collection and clicking on thumbnails to enlarge them it began crashing again but this time the system would reboot itself rather than me having to restart it.

I know my BIOS is out of date, but I know someone with the same mobo and BIOS version as mine, and he doesn't have any problems running Windows 7, so I doubt it is that.

I believe this is either a graphics problem which might be sorted out in a future driver, or down to my Ram, which is the lowest reading on my Windows Experience Score, at only 5.5. I don't know if any of this is similar to your own experience.

My system is:

Windows Home Premium retail
ALiveSATA2-GLAN mobo
AMD64x2 6000
Radeon 4670
2 x 1gig cheap DDR2, not a matched pair so not running dual channel (could be my problem)

Carol, I'd definitley flash your motherboard and get the latest bios. Just because someone else is not getting any problems doesn't really mean a great deal as they are probably using different components to you..
If you want to test your RAM then I suggest trying the app I've suggested above but only test one stick at a time otherwise errors might be missed.

Back