Please help reduce the number of steps to open Opera Mini on desktop.

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by yeto, Mar 23, 2012.

1. yeto

yeto Well-Known Member

I am running Windows 7.

I have created a desktop shortcut using the following path in Target:

C:\Users\mycomputer\Desktop\microemulator-2.0.4\microemulator-2.0.4\apps\microemulator.jar

This shortcut is successful in opening the microemulator but I then have to go through additional steps to run the Opera Mini browser. The additional steps are: click File-> click Open MIDIet File...-> hightlight opera-mini-6.5.26955-advanced-en-us.jad-> click Open-> click Start

I have been told it is possible to eliminate all but the last step (Start) by adding apps\opera-mini-6.5.26955-advance-en-us.jad to the file path but I cannot get it to work. When I do this and click on the shortcut a small black window flashes then disappears and nothing else happens.

Would anyone have any thoughts on how I can reduce the number of steps to open Opera Mini?

Thanks in advance for your help,
    yeto

2. Shilpa Raj

Shilpa Raj New Member

Why the heck do you wanna run Opera Mini,when you can run Opera,No offense but why?It just sounds insane .
    I dont think you can run it directly;Wait till someone comes up with a way if there is

3. yeto

yeto Well-Known Member

Thanks for your reply.

I am already running Opera Mini--it just takes 7 steps to get it open. Opera Mini saves on bandwidth. If I go over 3 GB per month my ISP starts to charge ridiculously high prices.

Kind regards,
    yeto