Windows 7 Please help with windows 7 installation

findyourpokemon

S.O.S PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Hi everyone!I have problem with windows installation.About a month ago I decided to upgrade from vista to 7.I made a bootable usb flash disk and installed the os without any problem.A week ago I reformatted my hard disk and tried to install again the same version of windows from the same flash.Here is the problem:after first reboot when the wizard is completing installation my pc freezes and does not respond at all...I have googled for problem solutions,many people had the same problem.Most of them solved it by unplugging everything from usb ports, by burning the image to another dvd on lower speed or by creating new partiton for system files.For me these did not work:( I took out my hard disk and installed windows on my friend's computer.Everything went fine,his pc booted normally from my hdd and was working properly.When I reconnected the disk to my pc and started the computer I got a message bootmgr is missing...After that i formatted the disk again and tried to install windows from my bootable usb flash and then an original microsoft dvd but it still freezes while completing installation...the only thing I didn't try is to disconnect some cards from motherboard as network adapter,sound card,tv card etc...(I read this on web)I don't understand why the installation went well the first time and now the system hangs on on completing installation!!Does anyone know what's going wrong and if there is any solution?Please help me as soon as possible because i am without pc for more than a week now!!I have freaked out!
P.S.:I do not want to take the computer to any pc shop because I don't want to pay about a hundred euros for a ten-minute job!
Thanks from behalf for your time reading this post.Alex.
S.O.S PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Alex,
try running with only one stick of RAM installed (if your set-up allows) if you find it runs ok then try running with the other stick or sticks (still one at a time tho'). If the system runs fine with one stick and not the other then you have a bad stick.

Hi Alex,
try running with only one stick of RAM installed (if your set-up allows) if you find it runs ok then try running with the other stick or sticks (still one at a time tho'). If the system runs fine with one stick and not the other then you have a bad stick.

kemical i tried to apply your suggestion but it didn't work...never mind i finally fixed the problem.i unplugged my tv card and the installation was completed perfectly!anyway thanks for your attention!

kemical i tried to apply your suggestion but it didn't work...never mind i finally fixed the problem.i unplugged my tv card and the installation was completed perfectly!anyway thanks for your attention!

That's great news and thanks for updating your thread. As for the overclocking.. I think Highwayman meant that your Bios settings should be at their default values.

That's great news and thanks for updating your thread. As for the overclocking.. I think Highwayman meant that your Bios settings should be at their default values.

Allright!the only thing i changed in my bios was the boot device priority.I don't think this could affect the installation proccess.thank you for replying!

Back