Windows 7 Pointer/Cursor will not change sometimes

Dungogvolts

Just lately when I open my browser my pointer will not change when I slid over things/headlines on stories ect on the page. It moves around just will not change to the Hand.
I like to right click and open stuff in a new tab BUT the pointer does not change to the hand I have set up so I can right click. I have to left click on the page then I see a new tab open but just as quick disappears and then I am able to right click and open stories ect in a new tab.
Any ideas why this is happening?

I only have one browser Firefox version 5.0 BUT I have noticed that when it occurs what is trying to open in a new tab seems to be a page for gambling or something like that so I am thinking its a Malware but here lies another problem. I am using Microsoft Security Essentials for my virus protection and when I do a full scan which usually takes hours to preform I can only get about two hours in and everything freezers and so the scan stops. I uninstalled it yesterday then reinstalled and updated the definitions but still no use it freezes about two and a half hours into the full scan. So something else for me to try and track down today.

Back