Windows 10 Port forwarding program

shadows

Extraordinary Member
Hi there Windows Forum
Is there any other trusted smart port forwarding to use for Windows 10? Without paying for one ofc.

Reason why I ask: One of our Discord members used or is trying to use Smart Port forwarding program to run Battlefield 3 with since he get's either no packet flow errors or any other random connection errors (basicly we are talking about a broken game =D ) But he had tried everything by "Run as admin", reinstalling the game, repair the game through Origin, Port forwarding in his router settings and what not.
He is running with Windows 10.

I have used the program myself back in the days when I had exact same problem.
So any suggestions what he can use?

Port Forwarding is almost always done better at the router level. For a program to automatically open a port on your router, your router not only needs to support UPnP but the feature has to also be enabled. UPnP while in practice can make setting up ports on your router to forward to software as needed also can open your network to security risks as any rogue piece of software could talk to the router and open ports.

To be honest the software I've seen to allow you to open ports via UPnP is just not that great, and it only takes a little more know how to learn how to open a port on your router as needed.

Back
Top Bottom