Jessie711

Power Supply Settings.
I have a HP Pavilion Elite m9040n and Win 7 64-bit. with Super-Anti-Spyware professional and Microsoft Security Essentials.
I would like the Super-Anti-Spyware to run a daily scan starting at 2:00 AM and MSE to run a weekly scan on Sunday at 2:00 AM.
My power supply is currently set to turn off the display after 10 minutes and put the computer to sleep after 30 minutes.
Both Super-Anti-Spyware and MSE will not run when the computer is in sleep mode how do I adjust my power settings so both programs will run the scans when scheduled.
Thanks
Jessie

Solution
To ensure that both Super-Anti-Spyware and Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) are able to run their scheduled scans despite your computer's power settings, you will need to make adjustments to your power plan. Here's how you can configure your power settings to allow these scans to run:
1. Prevent Sleep Mode during Scheduled Scans:
- By default, Windows may prevent scheduled tasks from waking the computer to run under the power-saving sleep mode. You will need to adjust the power settings to allow the computer to wake up for the scans.
2. Adjust Power Plan Settings:
- Access the Power Options settings by following these steps:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click on "System and Security."
- Select "Power...
To ensure that both Super-Anti-Spyware and Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) are able to run their scheduled scans despite your computer's power settings, you will need to make adjustments to your power plan. Here's how you can configure your power settings to allow these scans to run:
1. Prevent Sleep Mode during Scheduled Scans:
- By default, Windows may prevent scheduled tasks from waking the computer to run under the power-saving sleep mode. You will need to adjust the power settings to allow the computer to wake up for the scans.
2. Adjust Power Plan Settings:
- Access the Power Options settings by following these steps:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click on "System and Security."
- Select "Power Options."
3. Change Advanced Power Settings:
- Within the Power Options, locate and click on "Change plan settings" next to your current power plan.
- Click on "Change advanced power settings."

4. Adjust Sleep Settings:
- Look for the settings related to sleep and hibernation.
- Adjust the "Sleep after" and "Hibernate after" to a longer duration or disable sleep and hibernation during the times the scans are scheduled to run.

5. Allow Scheduled Scans to Wake up the Computer:
- Look for the "Allow wake timers" setting and set it to "Enabled" to ensure that scheduled tasks can wake the computer from sleep mode.
By making these adjustments, your computer should stay awake during the scheduled scan times, allowing both Super-Anti-Spyware and MSE to run their scans as per your schedule.
If you encounter any issues or need further assistance with adjusting your power settings, feel free to ask for more help!

Solution
Back