Pre-installed Windows 8.1 Deactivated randomly. Can't activate it, no code. *Urgent help*

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Help and Support' started by PinhoodWarrior, Feb 7, 2015.

1. PinhoodWarrior

PinhoodWarrior New Member

So, the title pretty much tells it all.

I've had a new PC with Windows 8.1 Preinstalled (Its from a legitimate source).
    Today i went to go and change my background and i was met with a message telling me to activate windows to access the feature. It confused me. I then went to Activate it from the settings screen and upon clicking something along the lines of "Activate online" (Since I never had a code in the first place) I'm recieving a message telling me that it cant be activated at the time.

I really need help because I paid for something and now i'm being treated as if i've pirated it. Is doing a full windows recovery worth it? I dont know...

2. Trouble

Trouble Noob Whisperer

Personally.... new to me means new and I would be taking the problem up with the vendor who sold you the PC.

3. ussnorway

ussnorway Windows Forum Team
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

Just so we’re clear; this is on a computer that has been set up correctly as per the user agreement… in particular you have registered it to a Microsoft account yes?