Windows 7 Print Management console could not create snap-in

betwixt

Hi there!

Perhaps anyone any idea? I can't seem to get the print management snap-in to work for some reason? I tried installing/selecting all the administrative tools, but it doesn't help. I keep getting the message "MMC could not create the snap-in" when clicking print management.

Thanks for the help in advance!
Regards,
DM

Do you get a Specify Print Server box. Are you choose a server or local computer?

I'm doing this by going to Start > Run,. and typing mmc

Thanks for your reply! No, for the printer management console, I just go to Administrative tools, under control panel.
For the Group Policy editor, I type gpedit.msc in the search bar. In both cases, the mmc console pops up with the error.

Well then try it my way,. see if It errors.

gpedit.msc is basically for administrative templates

That';s only one snap-in of the Microsoft management Console.

Last edited:
Then, the MMC opens, but when adding snap-in, under add/remove snap-in, the Group Policy and Print Management snap-ins have folder icons, when adding I get the same error, MMC cannot initialize the snap-in...

Open Task Manager and kill MMC,. then restart it.

Did you change any settings in Group Policy,.?

Did this occur immediately after installing .?

Do you recall installing any new software or making any other major changes to your machine..?

Do you have a restore point to go back to?

Last edited:
Sorry, I accidentally didn't read your questions well. Thanks for helping me again :)

Didn't change anything in group policy
It did occur immediately after installing
Don't recall any other major changes, besides, disabling some services, but as to my knowledge, none that the MMC's depend on...

I have a restore point, but that doesn't help either..

Open Task Manager and kill MMC,. then restart it.

Did you change any settings in Group Policy,.?

Did this occur immediately after installing .?

Do you recall installing any new software or making any other major changes to your machine..?

Do you have a restore point to go back to?

Reinstalling I did with a Windows 7 installation disc.
Administration tools is selectable under Porgrams and Features, Windows Features.

Booted from the disk, and installed. Installed drivers, etc, everything works well, except these two mmc's (that I know of).

Back