Windows 7 Printer in windows 7

MoscowBullys

I have installed & tested my Xerox 6110 on Netgear DG834N router.

Office 2007 will print anything from Dell Vista laptop.

Dell Windows 7 laptop will print test page.

When trying to print fromm qffice 2007 I get the message

'Windows cannot print due to a problem with current printer setup'

If I click on 'Find Printer' I get the message

'The Active Directory Domain Service is currently unavailable'

Can anybody please help?

Can anybody please help?
First of all, let me say....you are not alone. There are a lot of people having this same issues with a lot of different printers. You didn't say how this particular printer was connected to the network. Is it an "N" model with integrated networking built in or is hosted by another machine on the network. Any how the problem seems to be between Office 2k7 (word and excel specifically) and the PCL (Printer Control Language) driver available for this model printer. I know Xerox is working on a new driver and I would say your best bet might be to contact them (generally excellent support) and see if they can plug you into a new driver or perhaps even a beta driver that they have currently in production.

Can anybody please help?

First of all, let me say....you are not alone. There are a lot of people having this same issues with a lot of different printers. You didn't say how this particular printer was connected to the network. Is it an "N" model with integrated networking built in or is hosted by another machine on the network. Any how the problem seems to be between Office 2k7 (word and excel specifically) and the PCL (Printer Control Language) driver available for this model printer. I know Xerox is working on a new driver and I would say your best bet might be to contact them (generally excellent support) and see if they can plug you into a new driver or perhaps even a beta driver that they have currently in production.

As a second thought, I've noticed that Windows 7, has included two post script drivers one for the Xerox Phaser 6120 (I believe this is for host based printers) and another for the Xerox Phaser 6130N (for network attached printer) which may or may not help you until there's a better solution, these may not give you complete functionality but may at leaset allow you to print from Office 2k7 and you can always change them back by using the drop down arrow once their installed. This would, at least take the issues with PCL driver out of the equation. See attachment for a step by step, of course you will see my printer and of course you would want to use your Xerox 6110 in place of my old beater printer.

Last edited:
Back