Windows 7 Printing On Hp PSC1210

Chuts

Has anyone been able to print on the Hp All in One PSC1210? I can scan with it but not print. If you can print, what driver are you using?

If you could give the exact error message you receive that would help greatly.

Here's what you can try for now

I'm kind of winging this because I don't have a printer installed on my Windows 7 machine, but Vista is very similar.

Go to Control Panel > Devices and Printer, select the printer, right-click and choose properties, click the Ports tab and make sure it's connected to the right port.

Other than that HP has a Printing Diagnostic Utility here:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not have an HP printer running at the moment but I have succesfully managed to get a couple of oldies going. This is what I did.

First choice.
Download the latest driver package you can find and expand it into a folder. In your case, browsing, it looks like it would have to be an XP driver package.

Select Devices and printers from the controll panel and "Add" a printer.
Add a LOcal printer and ceate a new port.
Select Local port. Give it a distinctive name.
You will find that you now have the Windows 7 option to install its own drivers. This is what HP reccomend. If, however, you have done this already, then select "have disk".
Go to the folder where you have expanded the drivers and see if it will accept them.

Second choice (This is what worked for me)
Run the Install, or setup .exe from your created folder, in compatibility mode for XP and you may get lucky.

Has anyone been able to print on the Hp All in One PSC1210? I can scan with it but not print. If you can print, what driver are you using?

I have one and I can print just fine. I didn't install any drivers for it, win7 saw it and installed a driver, but it does not show me in the properties what it is.

Well I'll be darned ... I was checking into the Printer properties as reghakr suggested, just checking each tab ... didn't change a thing and in one of the tabs there was a Print Test Page button. I click that and the darn thing printed. I changed nothing from yesterday to today except shut down the computer for the night. Go figger.

Thanks to all who replied.

Yes, I saw that button also, but didn't include it in my post:redface:

I'm glad you got it working though.

Yes, I saw that button also, but didn't include it in my post:redface:

I'm glad you got it working though.

Actually before I posted about the problem, I did try a Print Test page and got no response from the printer. I don't like when things happen like that - not knowing what happened to correct the problem. Well, it's still working today.

HP PSC 1210 NOT WORKING in WINDOWS7 -tried all methods

I have windows7 with HP PSC1210. I tried as per HP website recommendations. Windows doesn't find any thing. Then i installed XP Drivers forcibly. Not working. Tried to Add new printer and tried more than 20 types of printers that listed in Windows7. My printer is connected with USB. It is not listed in that and i selected LPT1 and LPT2 and LPT3. No use. Please suggest how can i get prints from these printer

Re: HP PSC 1210 NOT WORKING in WINDOWS7 -tried all methods

i have windows7 with hp psc 1210, i tried as per Hp.com/support in THAILAND recommend world wide. Windows find any thing then install by HPPSdr.exe (Printing Diagnostic Utility download from Hp support) , yes i can print and scan in Windows 7.My printer is connected USB.
Link Removed due to 404 Error

because , i don't optimize Printing preference on Driver Hp Psc 1210 / I think this feature same (Hp Psc 1500 Hp business inkject 1210).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom