Windows 7 Problem downloading RC

KJack_lv

I've tried downloading the RC about 10 times and everytime I use the download manager I get to 99% and then it stalls out. I've tried the direct download links and they don't get me even that far. I am on a high speed connection. I've even installed Chrome to try and that gets me to about 45% and Firefox gets me about the same. I've emtied the browser cache and even changed the folder to save the file to several times. Any thoughts?

I've tried downloading the RC about 10 times and everytime I use the download manager I get to 99% and then it stalls out. I've tried the direct download links and they don't get me even that far. I am on a high speed connection. I've even installed Chrome to try and that gets me to about 45% and Firefox gets me about the same. I've emtied the browser cache and even changed the folder to save the file to several times. Any thoughts?
You didn't mention IE, you might try that. Its admirable that you want to use the RC but I think you'll find the 7260 build faster and more stable. Google 7260 and you'll find links for that download in either X32 or X64 flavors.

You didn't mention IE, you might try that. Its admirable that you want to use the RC but I think you'll find the 7260 build faster and more stable. Google 7260 and you'll find links for that download in either X32 or X64 flavors.

I did try IE multiple times (using direct download links and download manager). I will look for 7260 - thanks. I guess I was under the impression that the previous builds wouldn't work once the final RC came out.

I did try IE multiple times (using direct download links and download manager). I will look for 7260 - thanks. I guess I was under the impression that the previous builds wouldn't work once the final RC came out.
I don't think the final RTM is out yet. maybe this week I heard.

You're confused between RTM (doesn't expire) and RC (all builds) which expire 3/10. Check your PM for a link to 7260.

BusyDog, the Windows 7 RC does not expire until June 1st of 2010. It starts doing two hour reboots on March 1st 2010. To KJack, make sure you are doing other things on the internet while it downloads, as some internet providers will time out and drop your connection if you aren't "active". You have to make new web requests every so often or some will time out. If you manage to get ahold of an RTM copy (which there isn't a final RTM yet, see the announcement on the Windows Team blogs: Update on Windows 7 RTM - Windows 7 Team Blog - The Windows Blog), be aware that it will require a real license, and the licenses for the Beta, RC, and Pre-RTM builds _WILL NOT WORK_ for that version.
Also, try disabling your antivirus when doing the download (as long as your are donwloading from Microsoft off of TechNet: Windows 7 RC | Support, Deployment, Resources ). It might be failing when it is trying to copy it over from its parts or temporary spot to its final destination.

Back
Top Bottom