Windows 7 Problem latency in Counter-Strike 1.6

franqo21

Hello people, I have a problem, a few days ago had the windows xp and I worked well COUNTER STRIKE play online, install the Windows 7 yesterday and COUNTER STRIKE internet gives me a lot of latency, is because before the windows XP with no I thought
I hope I can help with some patch or something, thanks

Hi franqo21,
when you installed 7, did you install any drivers for your system or did you just rely on the ones that win7 supplied?
If the above is the case, try installing the latest drivers for your system especially for the network.. If your unsure where to get these from, post your system spec and i'll point you in the right direction...

Hi franqo21,
when you installed 7, did you install any drivers for your system or did you just rely on the ones that win7 supplied?
If the above is the case, try installing the latest drivers for your system especially for the network.. If your unsure where to get these from, post your system spec and i'll point you in the right direction...
I have all the drivers

Are you using wireless lan? I've read that when it polls every 60 seconds for a better connnection there is a delay in games that is noticable. You can turn off Wlan autoconig service if you don't use wireless. This may not be a solution because it sounds like you ave more than a half second delay.

Chech your administrative logs under Event Viewer /custom and see if there are any reported conflicts.

Actually I stumbled accross the same problem and found out that it actually causes my local connection to lag. Either with wireless or with wired connection and not only on Counter-strike whenever I play my network starts to lag and I experience latency of 100-800ms to my local router while I play Counter-Strike or Warcraft. I have no idea what is this related to but I intend to remove the windows7 and go back to XP since this isn't the only issue that I have with windows 7.

Also I have noticed that it happens whenever the system load is heavier. E.g. if I look at a wall at the end of the map everything is fine. When I turn around at the big melee the latency starts. Same for warcraft, when there is a huge battle the latency gets bigger. So I guess that it's a windows resource menagement problem spending more resources on the current application rather than on the network causing it to lag on lower end machines while they are under heavy load.

Last edited:
Actually I stumbled accross the same problem and found out that it actually causes my local connection to lag. Either with wireless or with wired connection and not only on Counter-strike whenever I play my network starts to lag and I experience latency of 100-800ms to my local router while I play Counter-Strike or Warcraft. I have no idea what is this related to but I intend to remove the windows7 and go back to XP since this isn't the only issue that I have with windows 7.

Also I have noticed that it happens whenever the system load is heavier. E.g. if I look at a wall at the end of the map everything is fine. When I turn around at the big melee the latency starts. Same for warcraft, when there is a huge battle the latency gets bigger. So I guess that it's a windows resource menagement problem spending more resources on the current application rather than on the network causing it to lag on lower end machines while they are under heavy load.

If you connection lags when your system is loaded I would suspect microsoft is hogging your baudwidth to send those reports it is gathering.

Try this.. run Msconfig... go to services and uncheck Scheduled Task... reboot and test.

I already removed the windows7. But I doubt it is because of scheduled tasks. The network bandwidth used did not increase. Only the latency to my router replying with ping times of 100-700 depending on how hard the current sittuation is. The heavier items it needed to load (like a big battle) the more the ping times jumped.

I have the exact same problem, not sure whats causing this but it is really annoying, i would go back to XP if i could but i dont have a copy of it anymore, so please could someone help with this? im pretty sure i have all the right drivers etc. the problem only occured when going to windows 7.. wish i hadn't now.

What is causing the lag is the "Multimedia Class Scheduller" service. all you need to do is disable the service. sound is dependent on this service so you will then need to run regedit,then find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Audiosrv\DependOnService double click on it and remove MMCSS from the list

reboot and play lagfree.

My tagline has a link to serveral disgnostic tools to help identify problems.

Here are some more possible solutions.

Wireless Connection Drop (FIX) - Windows 7 Forums

Link Removed - Invalid URL

World of Warcraft (en) Forums -> [SOLUTION] Vista / Windows 7 >> Lagspikes 60s

What is causing the lag is the \"Multimedia Class Scheduller\" service. all you need to do is disable the service. sound is dependent on this service so you will then need to run regedit,then find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Audiosrv\DependOnService double click on it and remove MMCSS from the list

reboot and play lagfree.

My tagline has a link to serveral disgnostic tools to help identify problems.

Here are some more possible solutions.

Wireless Connection Drop (FIX) - Windows 7 Forums

My wireless internet connection drops and System Interrupts kicks in consuming over 90% CPU resources slowing down the PC. When I try to shut down I get the Blue Screen and the PC reboots.

World of Warcraft (en) Forums -> [SOLUTION] Vista / Windows 7 >> Lagspikes 60s

Thank you very much!
Indeed stopping this service was very helpful atleast for me. I hope it worked for the thread starter as well.

Back
Top Bottom