Windows 7 Problem with bitlocker

donaldadkins

Hi,

I am having a problem with bitlocker all of a sudden. I don't know what I did to cause this, if anything. I installed Norton and uninstalled it after I found I didn't like it. Now I'm back to MSE which works well with me. I have a Toshiba p205 s-6287 laptop, 32 bit, 4g RAM, 200g hd, pentium dual core T5300, 1.73ghz. Forgot to mention I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit.

This is the error that I get in the Event Viewer:

Encrypted volume check:
Volume information on \\?\Volume{f2735311-ead4-11de-a72f-806e6f6e6963} cannot be read

Event id: 24620
Device: eventlocker-driver

I think this started occurring after I used Paragon for a mirror backup, but not sure. I can't find anything on the net that points to this particular problem. It's not causing me any great harm, just like to get rid of this error.

Thanks,
Don

Last edited:
Encrypted volume check:
Volume information on \\?\Volume{f2735311-ead4-11de-a72f-806e6f6e6963} cannot be read

When do you see this error, when trying to encrypt, decrypt, or do you see it in the event viewer only ?

I got no experience with bitlocker - all I can suggest is google for the event ID and see what others tell.

You could do a repair install if you have the 7 disk - this would likely cure your problem but laptop means no disk, right? Tough luck then... one of the reasons why I stay away from laptops coz it's ridiculous to have no install disk and that way no repair install feature.

Back