Problem with bitlocker

donaldadkins

Hi,

I am having a problem with bitlocker all of a sudden. I don't know what I did to cause this, if anything. I installed Norton and uninstalled it after I found I didn't like it. Now I'm back to MSE which works well with me. I have a Toshiba p205 s-6287 laptop, 32 bit, 4g RAM, 200g hd, pentium dual core T5300, 1.73ghz. Forgot to mention I am using Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit.

This is the error that I get in the Event Viewer:

Encrypted volume check:
Volume information on \\?\Volume{f2735311-ead4-11de-a72f-806e6f6e6963} cannot be read

Event id: 24620
Device: eventlocker-driver

I think this started occurring after I used Paragon for a mirror backup, but not sure. I can't find anything on the net that points to this particular problem. It's not causing me any great harm, just like to get rid of this error.

Thanks,
Don

Last edited:
Encrypted volume check:
Volume information on \\?\Volume{f2735311-ead4-11de-a72f-806e6f6e6963} cannot be read
When do you see this error, when trying to encrypt, decrypt, or do you see it in the event viewer only ?

donaldadkins

RE: bitlocker

When do you see this error, when trying to encrypt, decrypt, or do you see it in the event viewer only ?
I was not trying to using encryption in any way. I was just checking the event viewer when I noticed it.

Thanks,
Don

donaldadkins

Thanks, but no success. I'm just wondering if bitlocker is responding to something in recent memory, just grasping for straws. Seems like I should be able to clear this event out somehow. I'll keep looking but this one really puzzles me.

Don

I got no experience with bitlocker - all I can suggest is google for the event ID and see what others tell.

You could do a repair install if you have the 7 disk - this would likely cure your problem but laptop means no disk, right? Tough luck then... one of the reasons why I stay away from laptops coz it's ridiculous to have no install disk and that way no repair install feature.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.