Windows 7 problem with changing windows 7 log on screen background

Tharanga

Guys,

I tried to change the log on screen.First I located to the computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background and added a new DWORD value from0 to 1.Then I navigated to the C:\Windows\System32\Oobe folder and made a new folder renamed it "info" and opened it and made another and renamed it "backgrounds.after that I placed a image that is less than 256kb in the backgrounds folder and renamed the wall paper as backgroundDefault.jpg.But nothing happens when I reboot or log my pc off.can any one tell me how to fix this?

You have the wrong registry key name.

You should be using HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background and in the right pane, double-click on the key OEMBackground and Modify its value to 1 (If the key doesn’t exist, right-click in the right pane and create it as a DWORD).

Can you also tell me one thing.my mother board has 2.0 usb controller.but when I plug s usb pen drive in to the USB port it says There is not hi speed usb controller installed and it gets long time to copy.can you tell me a solution for this too?

I’m glad you sorted out the registry key, thank you for letting us know.

As far as the USB issue is concerned, I suggest you start a new thread as it’s unconneced to your original problem.

Back
Top Bottom