Windows 7 Problem with linksys compact wireless-G usb adapter

noony2009

Problem with linksys compact wireless-G usb adapter

my wireless adapter was working very good with windows xp but now i installed windows 7 and its not recognize it.

I installed the new driver for windows 7 but its still not working

how can I solve the problem ?

Solution
It seems like you are encountering compatibility issues with your Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB adapter after upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve this problem: 1. Check Device Manager: - Press Windows + R, type in devmgmt.msc, and press Enter. - Look for the Wireless-G USB adapter under "Network adapters" in Device Manager. If it's listed with a yellow exclamation mark, there may be a driver issue. 2. Uninstall and Reinstall the Driver: - Right-click on the Wireless-G USB adapter in Device Manager and select "Uninstall device." - Disconnect the adapter, restart your computer, and then reconnect the adapter. - Install the latest driver...
It seems like you are encountering compatibility issues with your Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB adapter after upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and resolve this problem: 1. Check Device Manager: - Press Windows + R, type in devmgmt.msc, and press Enter. - Look for the Wireless-G USB adapter under "Network adapters" in Device Manager. If it's listed with a yellow exclamation mark, there may be a driver issue. 2. Uninstall and Reinstall the Driver: - Right-click on the Wireless-G USB adapter in Device Manager and select "Uninstall device." - Disconnect the adapter, restart your computer, and then reconnect the adapter. - Install the latest driver for Windows 7 directly from the Linksys website. Make sure you download the correct driver version for your adapter model. 3. Compatibility Mode: - If the latest driver still doesn't work, try installing it in compatibility mode. - Right-click on the driver setup file, select "Properties," go to the "Compatibility" tab, check "Run this program in compatibility mode for", and select "Windows XP" from the drop-down list. 4. Update Windows: - Make sure your Windows 7 is up to date with all the latest updates. Sometimes, Windows Updates include drivers that can resolve compatibility issues. 5. Check USB Port: - Try using a different USB port on your computer to rule out any issues with the specific port. 6. Check for Hardware Issues: - Test the Wireless-G USB adapter on another computer to see if it works. This can help determine if the issue is with the adapter itself. 7. Contact Linksys Support: - If none of the above steps work, consider reaching out to Linksys customer support for further assistance. They may have additional troubleshooting steps specific to your adapter model. By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue with your Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB adapter on Windows 7.

Solution
Back