Windows 10 Problem with Notepad screen location

docjavatorduncan

For several weeks now, for no apparent reason, whenever I open Notepad, it shows up at the topof the screen under the task bar (I moved it to the top of the screen). That would be okay except that the top part of the Notepad window, where the X and minimize and maximize icons are, doesn't show. The names of the menu items, like File and Format are barely visible. I have the system tray set to use small icons. If I try to move the bottom of the system tray up, it doesn't help. I cannot use my mouse to grab the top of the Notepad window and pull it down or over. Notepad has been normal for over two years. I suspect an Windows 10 update broke Notepad/s behavior. Other programs don't do this. Any suggestions please? Thanks.

I've had this happen typically when I'm switching between multiple monitors and just the laptop. I easy trick to get the app back into the screen is press alt+tab until notepad has focus and then press (windows key + ctrl + shift + an arrow key) and that should dock it on the screen

Back