Windows 7 Problem with the UAC

MariuxX

Hello

I have a desktop computer in which I installed windows 7 RC for a few days. That computer has two hard drives, so I keep my documents on the one without the OS. Some time later, I reinstalled windows XP, removing completely windows 7 (complete format).

The thing is, when I tried to open any of the documents on the other drive, none will open, even though they're there.
I don't know what to do, I don't know if it has something to do all the owners control and permissions that windows 7 has???

Please, I really need those things, It wont even let me copy them to a memory!!!

Thanks in advance

Click "Start" and type and enter "acco" and make sure you are log on as the user in the Administrator group

I asume you are using Windows Explorer? Do yuo see the files listed? Are you getting any error messages? Can you hold your shift and right click on a folder and go to the command prompt in any folder on the hard drive? ... and get a "dir" of the files in that folder from the command prompt?

What do you get when you go under Properties after running System and right clicking on the drive? It shows the free and used space? Is Compression UNCHECKD? Is it set to Autenticated user under Security? How about the permissions under Security Advanced?

Yes, all those things work

I can view them through the cmd,. I am getting error messages from microsoft office about the ownership (not allowed) and about the pictures they're just blank even though the file size is correct

Yes, all those things work

I can view them through the cmd,. I am getting error messages from microsoft office about the ownership (not allowed) and about the pictures they're just blank even though the file size is correct

If you can access the files with Windows Explorer then the drive is ok and the problem is with office. Sorry I don't run office so I can't tell you how to modify the security levels.

If you can access the files with Windows Explorer then the drive is ok and the problem is with office. Sorry I don't run office so I can't tell you how to modify the security levels.

No, apart from the office issue, I can't open any picture file, jpg, gif, etc. It just doesn't show the picture, but the file size is intact.

No, apart from the office issue, I can't open any picture file, jpg, gif, etc. It just doesn't show the picture, but the file size is intact.

It sounds to me like you have lost your file associations with image files.

Do you have an option to "open with" ?? When you right click on an image and select properties do they say .. open with Windows Photo Viewer?

I've tried opening it with Gimp, Microsoft Image and Fax Viewer and nothing. I can't copy it, can't cut it, can't modify it. It just sits there and I'm not able to do anything with them.
Windows recognize them as images, even has the default program for them, but there's just no way to use them

I've tried opening it with Gimp, Microsoft Image and Fax Viewer and nothing. I can't copy it, can't cut it, can't modify it. It just sits there and I'm not able to do anything with them.
Windows recognize them as images, even has the default program for them, but there's just no way to use them

Was it this way since you installed 7 or did it work for a while then it broke?

When you click Start and type "dev" and click on Device manager.... do you have any yellow alerts that show driver problems?

You must have some graphics support... or you probably wouldn't have icons..

When you go to Google Images can you view images on web pages?

Back