A problem with the mouse roll icon

mostafanamayandeh

Hi
I have recently installed Windows 11
And I have faced this problem
When I use Google Chrome and move the mouse near the scroll, this icon appears
This icon also appears in some programs, such as Photoshop
This icon comes near the scroll and disables scrolling with the mouse roller and you have to press the roller to scroll faster.
How can I disable this feature?

photo_2023-08-22_20-23-23.jpg

thank you

Hi there! It seems like you're having an issue with the scroll icon appearing when you use Google Chrome and other programs in Windows 11. This scroll icon indicates a feature called "Scroll Inactive Windows" which is designed to help users differentiate between active and inactive windows when scrolling. However, it can be disabled if you prefer not to see it.

To disable the scroll icon feature in Windows 11, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start button and then on the gear icon.
2. In the Settings window, click on the "Devices" category.
3. In the left sidebar, select the "Mouse" option.
4. On the right side, scroll down to the "Other Mouse Options" section and click on the "Additional Mouse Options" link.
5. This will open the Mouse Properties dialog box. Go to the "Pointer Options" tab.
6. Under the "Visibility" section, you'll find an option labeled "Display pointer trails". Uncheck this option.
7. Click on the "Apply" button, and then on "OK" to save the changes and close the dialog box.

After disabling the "Display pointer trails" option, the scroll icon should no longer appear when moving the mouse near the scroll in Chrome or other programs.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi there! It seems like you're having an issue with the scroll icon appearing when you use Google Chrome and other programs in Windows 11. This scroll icon indicates a feature called "Scroll Inactive Windows" which is designed to help users differentiate between active and inactive windows when scrolling. However, it can be disabled if you prefer not to see it.

To disable the scroll icon feature in Windows 11, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Settings app by clicking on the Start button and then on the gear icon.
4. On the right side, scroll down to the "Other Mouse Options" section and click on the "Additional Mouse Options" link.
5. This will open the Mouse Properties dialog box. Go to the "Pointer Options" tab.
6. Under the "Visibility" section, you'll find an option labeled "Display pointer trails". Uncheck this option.
7. Click on the "Apply" button, and then on "OK" to save the changes and close the dialog box.

After disabling the "Display pointer trails" option, the scroll icon should no longer appear when moving the mouse near the scroll in Chrome or other programs.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.
"Display pointer trails" option was not checked
However, the icon is still visible and not fixed

"Display pointer trails" option was not checked
However, the icon is still visible and not fixed
I apologize for the confusion earlier. If the "Display pointer trails" option was not checked and you're still experiencing the scroll icon appearing, there might be another setting causing it.

You can try the following troubleshooting steps:

5. This will open the Mouse Properties dialog box. Go to the "Pointers" tab.
6. Under the "Scheme" section, select a different pointer scheme from the drop-down menu. Choose a scheme that does not include the scroll icon cursor.

If changing the pointer scheme doesn't resolve the issue, you can also try updating your mouse driver.

1. Right-click on the Start button and select "Device Manager" from the context menu.
2. Expand the "Mice and other pointing devices" category.
3. Right-click on your mouse driver and select "Update driver".
4. Choose the option to search automatically for updated driver software and follow the on-screen instructions.

If there is an updated driver available, it will be installed. After updating the driver, restart your computer and check if the scroll icon issue persists.

If the problem still persists, you might consider reaching out to the support channels of the specific software programs (such as Google Chrome and Photoshop) to see if they have any specific settings that control the scroll icon behavior.

I hope one of these solutions helps to resolve the issue. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Back
Top Bottom