Windows 8 A problem with this website cause Internet Explorer to close and reopen.

I've tried to use IE several times after getting my new computer.
As I've posted before, it can't show some web pages, for instance my Comcast Home Page, among others.

I get the message Internet Explorer needs to restart in compatibility mode.
When it does it can't load the page.

I had the same problem on my old computer also running Windows 8 so this isn't related to my specific computer, finally I just gave up on it.

I like Chrome, it sometimes gives me some problems but I haven't found any pages that it just can't open.

Mike

It may be a while, I've been using Windows 8 for almost 2 years and it's not fixed yet. LOL

First check and confirm through Windows Updates that you have your most current installation completely up to date.
Then launch IE 11 desktop version and try launching the problem site, then strike the "Alt" key which should launch the toolbar menu. Go to tools-> compatibility view settings and add the URL of the problem site to the box and click add button.
See if that helps with the issue.
Regards
Randy

OK folks..I had same issue with IE 11 in Windows 7 Ent 64 bit SP1 while opening livemeeting link. I used the solution provided by awesome guy Randy, added livemeeting.com to compatibility settings. It works well! Thanks Randy..

Hello sudhakar and welcome to the forum.
Glad to hear that you resolved the problem and that I may have played some small part in that resolution. Thanks for joining our community and making your solution public.
Regards
Randy

Back