Problem with Western Digital Gold 10TB

Spirit789

Honorable Member
Hi guys, I bought two of these (between them about month).

but I'm hearing sound of clicking from both (when I use it in some way), I don't know what the problem is.

I don't think that both of them are faulty and don't know if the problem from the cables.​

Some noise is normal with spinning disks. If you're concerned I'd contact the manufacturer.

If you really want to check the drives, try running Seatools. This works for most branded drives and will tell you if the drive is good or bad but as Neem's has already posted, with spinners you will get some noise albeit small.

As Neem's points out some noise is expected with Disk Drives although some can be louder then others. I'm not familiar with Western digital but this may help:
WD Green vs. WD Blue vs. WD Black for quietness?

Try checking WD forums or has already advised check with manufacturer or place you bought the drive.

The hard drive has movable parts thus the product tends to sound,there is nothing to worry about. If you still think there might be any problem then try using Seagate Seatools software. As it runs a complete diagnostics scan on your hard drive and will give you results.

Let me know if you are facing any issues.

Last edited:
Back