wjanowski

I have an older Sony Digital8 Camcorder, Model DCR-TRV350 NTSC. When I connect it to my PC via Firewire, Windows 7 recognized it and installed a driver which shows up in Device Manager under Imaging Devices as "Sony DV Camcorder". However, if I try to capture video from it using a program such as Adobe Premiere 7.0, the application recognizes it as "Microsoft DV Camera and VCR", but cannot access the camera. It sounds like "Microsoft DV Camera and VCR" needs to be mapped to the "Sony DV Camcorder" device, but I've scoured Control Panel options to no avail. Can anyone help?

P.S. My wife is anxious to get at the video of the new puppy we just got.

Solution
It seems like you are encountering an issue with capturing video from your Sony Digital8 Camcorder on your Windows 7 PC. The problem lies in the mapping between the device recognized by Windows and the application you are using to capture the video. To address this problem, follow these steps to ensure that the correct device is being utilized by Adobe Premiere 7.0: 1. Check Device Manager: - Open Device Manager in Windows 7. - Locate the "Sony DV Camcorder" under Imaging Devices. - Make a note of the exact name listed for the device. 2. Adobe Premiere Settings: - In Adobe Premiere 7.0, look for the settings related to capturing video devices. - Check if there is an option to select the specific device for video capture. -...
It seems like you are encountering an issue with capturing video from your Sony Digital8 Camcorder on your Windows 7 PC. The problem lies in the mapping between the device recognized by Windows and the application you are using to capture the video. To address this problem, follow these steps to ensure that the correct device is being utilized by Adobe Premiere 7.0: 1. Check Device Manager: - Open Device Manager in Windows 7. - Locate the "Sony DV Camcorder" under Imaging Devices. - Make a note of the exact name listed for the device. 2. Adobe Premiere Settings: - In Adobe Premiere 7.0, look for the settings related to capturing video devices. - Check if there is an option to select the specific device for video capture. - Ensure that you are selecting the correct device (Sony DV Camcorder) in the Premiere settings. 3. Update Drivers: - Ensure that the drivers for your Sony Digital8 Camcorder are up to date. - You can check Sony's official website for any updated drivers specifically for Windows 7. 4. DirectShow Settings: - Adobe Premiere uses DirectShow for video capture. - You may need to configure DirectShow settings to map the "Microsoft DV Camera and VCR" to the "Sony DV Camcorder" device. 5. Third-Party Software: - Consider using third-party video capture software that may provide more explicit control over device mapping and recognition. By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot the issue and successfully capture the video from your Sony Digital8 Camcorder using Adobe Premiere 7.0. Enjoy capturing moments with your new puppy!

Solution
Back