Windows 7 Problems with DVI/D-SUB video output, piture gets very buggy when playing video

chmc

Hi! First I watched movies and used pc fine, but I guess it was next time I tried to watch some movies, things got pretty weird. I connected pc to projector via DVI to HDMI cable. My htpc windows user doesn't have aero, so desktop picture was excellent. As soon as I opened video file using any player (MP, MPC HC, ZoomPlayer), the whole screen will randomly start bugging out. Lots of whole screen wide green or red lines apper and ghost pictures etc really freak stuff starts to happen. As soon as I closed video player, things got back to normal and picture is just great. I tried VGA picture via D-SUB, but it gives same result (and I can't get good/clear picture at all via D-SUB...). Then I switch to other user which has Aero in use. Well, picture gets buggy all the time (event I didn't start to play any video file) until I turned off the Aero.

Cabels and projector are ok 'cos I tested them with another source and no problem. I quess if things got bad after I installed Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, but I don't have any proofs. I'm just guessing that that was something I had differently in windows since the last time I watched movies. I also installed X700 drivers again but it didn't help.

When I play video files via DVI or D-SUB connected to my Samsung SyncMaster 225BW LCD monitor, there is no problem.

Anyone else heard or had anything like this? Any ideas what to do to get video out to work again?

PC: Acer Ferrari 4600, 2gb ram, ATI Mobility X700
Projector: Panasonic PT-AE700
Used resolution: 1280x720, and several others, but it didn't matter

Thanks!

Back