Windows 7 Problems with installing Windows 7

Hornschwoggle

About a week ago, I bought a new computer. Here are the parts a bought as a reference:
[h=1]Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case[/h][h=1]GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990X SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard[/h][h=1]PNY Optima 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model MD8192KD3-1333[/h][h=1]APEVIA JAVA ATX-JV650W 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply[/h][h=1]AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor FD4100WMGUSBX[/h][h=1]Western Digital WD AV-GP WD10EURX 1TB IntelliPower 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive[/h]So, I put together the computer, made sure all the plugs were in the right sockets, and tried to start it up with Windows 7. At the start up screen where it would normally show the windows 7 logo, nothing happened. I decided to restart the computer. After doing this about 20 times I realized something was wrong. I checked the top of my computer, and sure enough the light that recognizes that there is a hard drive in the computer wasn't on. I checked the plugs again and nothing worked. I even tried using a different hard drive but still no success. Any help about how I can fix this?

So, you are able to boot to the Install DVD and see the video up to the point you mention.

You don't give a video device, is this onboard video? Are you using the HDMI connection and if so have you tried the DVI connection?

Does the Hard Drive show in the Bios? I don't think you have even gotten to the point where it is checked, you should be able to see the Install page...

Back