Windows 7 Problems with running Games on Windows 7

Paralyzer

Hi

I need help, I recently upgraded to windows 7 ultimate x86 from Vista x86 version, everything worked fine, I installed the lastest drivers to my Nvdia 8500GT from the nvdia driver download page, everything ran fast and smooth until I tried some games, I tried counterstrike cs, I tried Crysis, I tried gtaIV, they worked but omg it laged so much I couldn't play any of them. this is both offline games and online games.

They worked fine in Vista, no problems what so ever, I don't want to go back to Vista cuz I love windows 7 but I don't understand why I cant play any games :(:( First I tried the x64 edition No it didn' work, tried the x86 edition, no it didn't work either.

I have a intel core 2duo 2.66ghz
3gb ram
Nvdia 8500gt 512 mb

Windows 7 isn't slow it's WAY faster then vista, startup, response time but it's just the games that SUCKS! microsoft has fucked something up ( sorry for my bad language but I know other ppl are having the same problems)

Hi

I need help, I recently upgraded to windows 7 ultimate x86 from Vista x86 version, everything worked fine, I installed the lastest drivers to my Nvdia 8500GT from the nvdia driver download page, everything ran fast and smooth until I tried some games, I tried counterstrike cs, I tried Crysis, I tried gtaIV, they worked but omg it laged so much I couldn't play any of them. this is both offline games and online games.

They worked fine in Vista, no problems what so ever, I don't want to go back to Vista cuz I love windows 7 but I don't understand why I cant play any games :(:( First I tried the x64 edition No it didn' work, tried the x86 edition, no it didn't work either.

I have a intel core 2duo 2.66ghz
3gb ram
Nvdia 8500gt 512 mb

Windows 7 isn't slow it's WAY faster then vista, startup, response time but it's just the games that SUCKS! microsoft has fucked something up ( sorry for my bad language but I know other ppl are having the same problems)

Hi Paralyzer,
which actuall driver did you use? (graphics wise)
Also what the rest of your system? Soundcard, motherboard ect... Plus are all the drivers for these the latest versions too?

nvidia 8500 is a very weak card to play Crysis & GTA4 with even on lowest settings....I'd be very surprised if it even ran on Vista at above 10fps to start with. As for Counterstrike that should have run 100fps easily on that rig maxed out...lol

INFO: Core duo / quad are 64bit cpus, wtf ya even using the slower 32bit edtions for? reinstall and get x64 edition windows 7 and see the difference...it's well worth it.

P.S. @ Kemical..... btw my new friend.....I noticed you also are using 64bit CPU on 32bit Win7.....what gives???? lol

Last edited:
There are some advantages to a 64bit os but currently I'm happier running 32bit (more out of personal preference really). The beauty of the next 7 release is that you get a copy of both 32 and 64bit and so when driver support has improved (RAID for example under 64bit 7 is a nightmare to get the drivers running) I'll be dipping my toe back into the 64bit pool.....;)

RAID an issue? not my end...tested fine on 7100 and 7229, maybe differences in Intel and AMD or Nforce chipsets maybe?

Yup, it's a known issue with AMD RAID/SATA drivers..You can get it running eventually but only after some very creative driver installation... It seems like that the 64bit version won't rcognise the driver 'infs' and will just keep churning out the message driver not found.

Just to say, the actual RAID is not an issue but getting the 64bit os to see the drivers....(sharp intake of breath)

Last edited:
I'm actually having problems too i just upgrade last night from vista 64 to windows 7 64, Now everything worked fine when i was running vista 64 except the fact that it was vista 64 i had no problems graphics wise now i get a bunch of lines when i'm playing at first its looks fine then slowly the lines start to appear and get worse. this is with CODM2 and also with AVP i haven't tried any other games because i did a fresh install on my hard drive and they where the only two games i had time to install before calling it a night i updated the drivers for my video card (Radeon 5870) my computer spec is Processor -core 2 extreme QX9650 mother board EVGA NF790I Ultra Sli, memory is G.skill Ripjaw 240 pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600, power supply is OCZ 1000w, hard drive WD160 raptor. i know its got to be something stupid that i forgot to check or do so i would appreciate if some one can tell me whats going on

Back