Windows 8 Problems with speech files after updating to 8.1?

Well when I phoned PC Worlds or Currys/PC World as they are now called in England. They said they have not got Windows 8.1 in the store but they may have it in 2 weeks time.

Yes I saw that link,Nmsuk, it seems you can buy it online but not in the high Street stores. Are you in England like me or in America?.

I'm in England. I was hoping my Name gave that away 'NMSUK' If you want it just buy it online. Will be cheaper than going to pcworld.

I'm in England. I was hoping my Name gave that away 'NMSUK' If you want it just buy it online. Will be cheaper than going to pcworld.
No I don't think so as Windows 8.1 Pro is ÂŁ189 on the Microsoft website and Windows 8.1 is ÂŁ99. Hardly cheap, but I don't understand why PC World, which is the main chain of computer stores, has not got it. Maybe because Windows 8.1 is new and only been released on the 18th October. Though they told me they don't have it in their stores and maybe they will have in two weeks time. You can order over the telephone by phoning up Microsoft,they have a customer services here in England.

Hi

Ok, now I have to know what NMSUK stands for?
I kind of get the last part but not the NM.

NI, I could see, but what have you go against New Mexico?

Mike

Mike have they got Windows 8.1 in the shops in the USA? Or is it the same problem as here in England,you can only buy it online?

Hi Andrea.

Yes you can buy Windows 8.1 Pro for $189.99 from Amazon.com and $176.53 from Best Buy.

Mike

No no I am talking about in the high street stores, not online. Here in England the shops have not got Windows 8.1 yet. Is it the same problem over there in America as it is in England?

Back