the note is ask windows for assistance

I have cleaned the computer for the normal problems
what do i do now please

the fault

Attachments

• fault.jpg
    fault.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 329
I would recommend you uninstall any C++ redistributables you may see in Add/Remove Programs, as well as go into Windows Components and uncheck then re-check any .NET Framework components.
The error your seeing is because the component store is corrupted for one of these installations.

go into Windows Components and uncheck ??? where is this please
removed and same condition

Start, Run, appwiz.cpl
Choose "Turn Windows features on or off"
Uncheck (Uninstall) then go back in and re-check any .NET related components.

appwiz.cpl
THESE IS NOTHING SHOWN IN THE SEARCH BOX (run)
Nothing inthe turn windows on or off
this is crazy somthing else another problem as well

thank for all that no joy
in the control pannel it shows there in no windows updates installed
appwiz.cpl
shows blank in the run secion

To go back to basics, which program wants to install visual c 2008 sp1?

"No Windows updates installed" --- sounds incredible. Your computer should be dead by now, with all viruses and such rumbling around.

About appwiz.cpl, you're supposed to type it in the white box, by default down left on your Start menu, there should be a cursor blinking. Then you can either choose "run the command" above the typed text, or left click on "appwiz.cpl" on the top of Start menu, should be right under your name.

If I got it wrong, I'm sorry. Everyone here wants to help you.

Appwiz when typed in shows nothing to select as do the no installs.bothboxes are showing nothing
no virus there is a unknown stupid problem shutdown now it real slow

I do repeat my question, which program wants to install visual c 2008 sp1? That could be the problem.

Okay. This far, all I can think of is a registry problem, you could try Fix it at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/266668, or via CCleaner.

Otherwise I'm puzzled, your system may be totally confused, needing

a. system restore to a point before problems, Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Backup and Restore
b. repair installation viz. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...indows-7-installation-disc-or-usb-flash-drive

Last edited:
Power DVD and Power Director are both CyberLink, parts of the same package. You may find answers here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/28362.page;jsessionid=96260CC913889028306B550E6A78E1BC

1. appwiz not showing anything could be an issue with security programs. At least Norton is known to somehow block it. Before starting computer, unplug your Internet, when computer starts, turn off ALL security programs, and try appwiz again. Or, you could try Revo Uninstaller.

2. If you can see installed programs, uninstall everything that has to do with Visual C, .NET, and CyberLink = at least Power DVD and Power Director.

3. If you can't get this done, restart, press F8 when Windows starts, go to Safe Mode, and try it there.

4. When you get it done, restart, connect to Internet and as first measure create a Restore Point, Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System\Advance system settings\Create ... at the bottom of window.

5. Check all security programs are off, and download / start MSE, http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse.aspx --- do not have anything else running.

6. Defrag your disk. Preferably do a registry check and fix with CCleaner.

7. Download and install .NET, CyberLink Programs, and needed Visual C, not forgetting possible Java.

8. After this, if it works, you may try other security programs - but do not have more than one running at a time, i.e. one Firewall, one Antivirus, etc. and do make a Restore Point. It is recommended that you have the whole security part delivered by one maker, recommendation made by F-Secure's engineer.

A question I must ask, nothing personal, you do have legitimate Programs?

Last edited:
appreciate your assistance
in safe mode I cant remove requested files it states windows install not correctly installed
in normal mode it removes.
I am going around in circles MSe is installed but wont run
windows feature turn on /off shows blank
installation updates is blank
restore only shows todays selections , ??????
programs are legit

Goes beyond me. I'm a pretty radical person, and my experience is that a total re-installation of Windows is quite often less time consuming than trying to desperately find a fix. This present problem has been battled for a week, and no obvious solution seems to be at hand. There's just something "wrong"... it could be a vicious virus or other attack, dunno. Or merely a corrupted Windows installation, that happens too.

If your computer has warranty left, you might try that. People in customer service / sales are usually quite helpful.

Otherwise, I would suggest that you install Windows from a clear base:

1. Safe copy your personal files to another hard disk or a DVD or something. Since there is a risk of malware, it could be wise to do it in .zip or other packed format. Antivirus programs can usually scan packed formats, but viruses et.al. cannot perform from there. Thus, you have the possibility to scan it all, before unpacking it - so you won't contaminate your new installation.

2. Use e.g. AOMEI http://www.aomeitech.com/aomei-partition-assistant.html to first delete your disk's partition(s), this will clear the disk to its factory form. Then re-partition the disk, NTFS format. This will all happen via BIOS, you may need to change boot order. Commands here vary with computer motherboard. I would recommend to have the disc, be it AOMEI or other, burned by another computer, a friend's or something, known to be clean.

3. I recommend you create at least two partitions: one where you have Windows plus programs, should be 50Gb or upwards, depending on how much stuff you have there, besides Windows. Another partition where you have your personal files. Preferably, you could have two separate physical disks. Either way, you can re-install Windows anytime, not having your personal files affected, since they are separated.

4. Install Windows in the smaller (?) partition = would be C. And to be on the safe side, have your major CD / DVD / Blue Ray station named D --- many games get a hiccups if they aren't in D.

Best of all. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom