Windows 8 Programs reinstalling everyday

LukeRoberts77

I have a malware virus, obviously. Everyday I wake up I get on my laptop, and 2 popups show up and it is Super Optimizer and Pc Cleaner Pro, also for my Mozilla firefox I get pop ups by coupoon ( yes thats how it is spelled) and Winservice 86. I uninstall them everyday and come back. I have also uninstalled them from my add ons and plugins. I don't know what service is behind all this. I have gotten all my games from steam and don't download anything without a check to see if it will install/ I guess it doesn't work too well. Please give me tips or a process on how to remove it. I can't pay for a service, and half the time they don't work. So please help! Thanks!

I would start with autoruns from the sysinternals suite. This should be able to ID what component is left over that keeps re-installing the malware. You may also what to run some removal tools such as
I have tried both those programs and they put that they didn't find any malware

Did you use autoruns this should identify what is firing off when the computer boots up, you can also run procexp from sysinternals, select options > Verify Image Signatures and this should tell you which processes are not signed.

also for my Mozilla firefox I get pop ups by coupoon
Sounds like something is putting them back or you don't have the scans up to date...
Screenshot (167).png

Super Optimizer and Pc Cleaner Pro
Crapware
pop ups by coupoon
More Crapware
Winservice 86
Likely more Crapware.
You need to remove this stuff from your computer and it may require multiple scans using multiple scanners.

These are the programs I use to generally delouse a computer with virus and or malware issues.
ADWcleaner from here Downloading AdwCleaner
JRT (Junkware Removal Tool) from here Downloading Junkware Removal Tool
Norton Power Eraser from here Norton Power Eraser | Free Tool | Easily remove scamware that traditional virus scanning can’t detect.
Malwarebytes from here Thank you for downloading Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
Ccleaner from here CCleaner - Standard
TFC.exe (Temporary Files Cleaner) from here TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer Download
ESET Online Scanner from here Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scanner from ESET
Eset online scanner is a bit different than the others in that you need to either use
IE or download and run their smart installer if you're using another browser. Then tick
the radio button that says "Enable detection of potentiall unwanted application"
Then click the link that says "Advanced settings", then check all the boxes except the
one that mentions "Use custom proxy settings", unless of course you're using a Proxy
Server. Then just click "Start", it will do a thorough system scan so it takes a long
time.
I don't check the links above everyday, so if you have any problem with any one of them then just Google for the program name but use the site names that I have recommended since I'm relatively certain they are free of extraneous garbage.

Just wondering, are you running Windows 8 in Secure Mode?

Have you yet run any anti-virus and if you have did it show anything?

I normally start with Defender and let it do a full scan. But in many instances other utilities are required to completely eliminate the problem. Especially if it is reinstalling itself when it sees the primary install has been tampered with, which means you have to remove the root cause at the same time as the virus itself. An anti-virus which does a boot scan would have an advantage.

If the anti-virus programs suggested don't finish the job, the suggestions by Neemobeer could be beneficial, I have used them for a multitude of reasons.

Just wondering, are you running Windows 8 in Secure Mode?

Have you yet run any anti-virus and if you have did it show anything?

I normally start with Defender and let it do a full scan. But in many instances other utilities are required to completely eliminate the problem. Especially if it is reinstalling itself when it sees the primary install has been tampered with, which means you have to remove the root cause at the same time as the virus itself. An anti-virus which does a boot scan would have an advantage.

If the anti-virus programs suggested don't finish the job, the suggestions by Neemobeer could be beneficial, I have used them for a multitude of reasons.
I use defender about once every week. When I scan anything it says nothing was fine and everything was perfect.

Back
Top Bottom