Windows 8 Purchase New Win 8 Key

IQof12

Can anyone tell me how I can purchase a new product key for windows 8? I only want the key to be able to register my current win 8 install.

Can't be done. You must download the Win 8 Pro and install that. During the purchase you will be sent a key. The key you are sent will not work on your present installation. The code is different.

Can't be done. You must download the Win 8 Pro and install that.

Fair enough. But when I run the upgrade assistant it tells me that the upgrade is not available in my country/region. I'm in Australia and I can see other people have upgraded...what's the deal???

What version are you using to qualify for the upgrade? If you have the Win 8 ENT Eval edition it will not qualify. I had the same scenario and had to restore my Win 7 from Image to allow it.

try the windows 8 pro,but out of curiosity,what would happen if you lied about where your from?,seriously windows 8 pro is the only one I saw,no enterprise

No, what I said was I had the Win 8 Ent Eval edition installed on my PC and that did not qualify for the Upgrade. It gave me the same message as the OP received. In order to qualify and download the Win 8 Pro ISO file I had to restore my PC to Win 7.

I have to believe that the system checks where you are at automatically. I did not put this info in, the system automatically knew where I was located.

What version are you using to qualify for the upgrade? If you have the Win 8 ENT Eval edition it will not qualify. I had the same scenario and had to restore my Win 7 from Image to allow it.

I think you're right, a revert to win 7 is my only option....bummer! Thanks anyway

Correct, cannot get the Win8 Upgrade DL using the Win8 Ent Eval. Re-installing & doing it from your 7 is necessary.

Cheers,
Drew
new_windows_logo1.jpg

Back