Windows 7 Question on build 7057

alex1997

I've used all the Windows 7 builds so far with no problems. I'm now using build 7057. Whenever I launch the program, a desktop notepad always opens with the following 2 line content:

.shellclass Info
localResourceName=@%system%\system32\shell32dll,-21787

I just simple close it every time and move on but it's annoying. I also noted that "control userpasswords2" does not work. I would greatly any comments on this situation.

Note - I've re-installed this build twice.

I don't have a solution to your problems at this time but I will say if it's that annoying maybe you should consider going back to a previous build.. ;) daily/interim builds (which is what all the builds after 7000 up to 7057 are..) are not ment to be used by the general public and because they are just daily builds there will be problems like that.. some of which may not be fixable simply because it is a daily build and nothing more.. ;) I'm not trying to be jerk here.. just some food for thought regarding the use of daily/interim builds.. :)

@rlager:

Deleting of "desktop.ini" is not necessary. You only need to change the attribute of
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini
to "hidden".

And
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\desktop.ini
is correct - not need for deleting or changing the attribute.

Windows Vista, Windows 7 Build 7000 and 7048 also have "desktop.ini" files in these folders - but they all have the attribute hidden.

Back