Windows 7 Questions about DualBoot with Vista and Win 7

young88a

Hello, nice forum this one, i learned a lot from here.

I searched for my questions, i will try tonight see if i can solve the problem im having.

I had Vist x86 installed, the only OS in my PC.

For 2 days i tryed to install Windows 7 7048 x64 but everytime i get to the setup where i need to choose wich partition/hard drive to install, i always got the error that it couldnt find a system partition. I tryed many solutions i find here, and i guess the only one that solve the problem was to change the boot order in my motherboard bios. After that Win 7 installed fine.

After everything working, i wanted to boot into Vista, but it will always go to Win 7, i guess some problem with boot manager right? In order to choose wich OS i boot from, i must change the boot order in Bios.

As far as i understand, i need to boot from windows cd and choose repair with fixmbr right? Now my question is, wich OS cd i use? Vista or Win 7?

Thanks for any tips

Hi, i chekced that vista boot pro, but needs to pay, is there any other free application to do the same?

Thanks

the only one that solve the problem was to change the boot order in my motherboard bios. After that Win 7 installed fine.
You should switch back the boot order in bios. Then only Vista should boot.

When this works you can boot from Windows 7 DVD and do a repair. This should add "Windows 7" to the boot menu and then you should be able to boot either Vista or Windows 7.

Back
Top Bottom