Questions and problems with Nov 10 critical updates

fdm2000

For some reason I am unable to install the Nov 10 updates for my Win 7 Pro desktop. I have tried the suggested fixes offered by Microsoft with no success. I am able see the list of updates after running check for updates but when I select the updates I want to install and click OK nothing happens. I have read that there are at least two critical updates that I should install for my Win 7 pc: MS15-112 (KB3104517) and MS15-114 (KB3100213) not sure whether I need MS15-113 and MS 15-115 (the problematic one). I went to the Microsoft download page and found MS15-112 which I downloaded and installed, but when I downloaded MS15-114 and tried to install it I got a popup stating that this update is not for your computer, huh, why?

Can some kind soul tell me what is really critical in the above group of MS15-112 through 115 for Win 7 Pro and offer suggestions/assistance on why the updates will not install?

I am an octogenarian and find the learning curve very steep at times.

Solved my problem - I learned that there was an update to windows update agent. After installing the update I was able to download and install the Nov 10 security updates.

Back