Windows 7 quick question before installing

djdon

hello guys..i am about to install windwos 7 but b4 i do that i want to make sure of somthing.. i am interested in installing the 64 BIT this is my Specs..
Processor

• Type Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 / 2.4 GHz
  • Multi-Core processor technology Quad-Core
  • 64-bit processor Yes
  • Installed Qty 1.0
  • Max processors supported 1.0
Cache Memory

• Type L2 cache
  • Installed Size 8.0 MB
  • Cache Per Processor 8 MB
Mainboard

• Chipset type Intel G33 Express
  • Data bus speed 1066.0 MHz
RAM

• Installed Size 3.0 GB
  • Technology DDR2 SDRAM
  • Memory specification compliance PC2-5300
  • RAM form factor DIMM 240-pin
<H2>

Graphics Controller</H2>
  • Type PCI Express x16 - Plug-in card
  • Graphics Processor / Vendor NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
  • Installed Size 256.0 MB
  • Digital Video Standard High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) , Digital Visual Interface (DVI)
Audio Output

• Type Sound card - Integrated
  • Sound output mode 7.1 channel surround
  • Audio output compliant standards High Definition Audio
  • Speaker(s) None
So after reading that.. it shows it can handle 64 BIt my question is Will i find drivers that will support it? or it wont"

hello guys..i am about to install windwos 7 but b4 i do that i want to make sure of somthing.. i am interested in installing the 64 BIT this is my Specs..
Processor

• Type Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 / 2.4 GHz
  • Multi-Core processor technology Quad-Core
  • 64-bit processor Yes
  • Installed Qty 1.0
  • Max processors supported 1.0
Cache Memory

• Type L2 cache
  • Installed Size 8.0 MB
  • Cache Per Processor 8 MB
Mainboard

• Chipset type Intel G33 Express
  • Data bus speed 1066.0 MHz
RAM

• Installed Size 3.0 GB
  • Technology DDR2 SDRAM
  • Memory specification compliance PC2-5300
  • RAM form factor DIMM 240-pin
<H2>

Graphics Controller</H2>
  • Type PCI Express x16 - Plug-in card
  • Graphics Processor / Vendor NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT
  • Installed Size 256.0 MB
  • Digital Video Standard High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) , Digital Visual Interface (DVI)
Audio Output

• Type Sound card - Integrated
  • Sound output mode 7.1 channel surround
  • Audio output compliant standards High Definition Audio
  • Speaker(s) None
So after reading that.. it shows it can handle 64 BIt my question is Will i find drivers that will support it? or it wont"
Since you have not mentioned the Motherboard Make & Model, the only answer most can give is to check the Drivers download site on your MoBo manufacturer's webpage for Win VISTA Bit-64 driver for your Motherboard and also the Support pages for Driver download for any add-on cards like Video, Sound, NIC, Wireless card etc [if they are not integrated with the Motherboard.]
Good luck on May 5th for the "Gold rush"!

Last edited:
sorry but i am not really that good with PC and understanding these stuff.. but when i went to hp.ca these are the link i found plz tell me if these will work..

Link Removed - Invalid URL»

Link Removed - Invalid URL

and should i download every single one of them? and install it?

sorry but i am not really that good with PC and understanding these stuff.. but when i went to hp.ca these are the link i found plz tell me if these will work..

Select your operating system HP Pavilion Elite m9150f Desktop PC»

Select software and drivers*

and should i download every single one of them? and install it?
At the minimum get the following:

• Link Removed - Invalid URL > For Wired networking >Internet access
  • Link Removed - Invalid URL> Videocard for Monitor Display
  • Driver - Audio Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Update> Sound Card for sound
This will enable you to see your Monitor Display, get Sounds and to get connected to the Internet
Once you are able to access the Internet, you can download additional drivers from that same site to the Win 7 Computer in case your system needs more drivers to correct problems in your Device Manager.
Additionally, if BIOS Update is required to improve functionality , you can do that at a later stage unless you find any problems from lack of current BIOS at an earlier stage.
Hope this helps.

thank you did everythign and working perfectly except my wifi keeps disconnecting here and there

ok a little problem.. i tried installing those drivers.. it keeps saying Ur system doesnt meet the requirements for the updates (9998)

Last edited:
thank you did everythign and working perfectly except my wifi keeps disconnecting here and there

ok a little problem.. i tried installing those drivers.. it keeps saying Ur system doesnt meet the requirements for the updates (9998)
Thank you for your response. I will be back in 6 hours from now to read the response less hurriedly and add any more I can to help the remaining issues.

Back