Windows 7 RAID array issues

bargiddle

greetings all. i have been using windows 7 for a few months now, and love it, much better then XP and vista. but just today i ran in to a problem. for the past few weeks iv been using two of my hard drives in a RAID-0 array, and its been working fine. today, though, there was an update in the windows update thing from Nvidia as an update for the RAID controller. i installed it and restarted, and my RAID array disappeared.

i have tried going to control panel > admin tools > computer management > storage > disk management to see if it was even there, and its not showing up there either. but the odd thing is, when i start my computer up, it shows it as being both connected and working fine. i dont have system restore enabled, so i cant do that, so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, I can't help you - but I had a similar experience with the Windows updater. I have just built this new system and installed Windows 7 on it. I had got most of the other software installed (Adobe Premium Design Suite plus some video editing stuff etc) and got an update notification about some new LAN drivers which I downloaded and installed - which promptly wiped out both my LAN ports. I tried to re-install the old drivers, but Windows 7 insisted that these were the latest and greatest and no matter what I did, kept re-installing these drivers. I did a system restore (which took me back to before I installed the Adobe Suite) but when I tried to re-install the suite, all sorts of oddities started taking place. In the end I gave up and did a complete re-install of Windows 7 followed by all my applications again, basically wasted 2 days <grrrrr>. But I suppose these are the joys of beta testing :frown:.

Back
Top Bottom