RAM Question

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by pseudocajun, Apr 16, 2010.

1. pseudocajun

pseudocajun New Member

I have windows 7 64 Professional installed with 12 GB of RAM and I note the following:

CPU-ID shows me with 12 GB of RAM (CPU-Z Validator 3.1)
    However, Window's System Info show Installed Memory (RAM) as 6.00 GB. I also notice that during boot-up, the screen indicates that there is also only 6 GB. Lastly, I ran the memory configurator from crucial which also shows only 6 GB of RAM!

Any ideas????

Many thanks in advance,

2. busydog

busydog New Member

If you mean your BIOS boot screen only shows 6 gig of memory then I wouldn't expect Win7 to access more than 6 gig. Have you tried reseating your memory, swapping memory sticks, etc.?

3. Highwayman

Highwayman Extraordinary Member

This is a duplicate thread

4. Zomby88

Zomby88 New Member

How do you know it has 12 gigs installed , did you bulid it ? Did it indeed come with 12 gigs installed?
    Does the motherboard support 12 gigs?

5. pseudocajun

pseudocajun New Member

Hi Zomby88, yep built the computer myself.. Had 6 gigs installed, but computer was only seeing 4? Ram memetest, and no errors. installed another 6 gigs a few days back and not it only sees 8 gigs while CPUID sees all 12 gigs. Going to reseat the memory this morning and see if that helps.

I suppose that I'll also flash the BIOS as there are 3 updates since the version I have..