Windows 10 Random (appears to be) but frequent BSOD Win10x64

overdriv83

Win10x64 Pro, 1607, ver 14393.953
Dual Intel Xeon E5-2630 v4 @ 2.2GHz
128GB Ram

Only one of my two systems are having this issue. Attached is the Diagnostic info per your request for posts and a screenshot of the dumpfile error. I am getting a x0122 stop error related to pci.sys. I have reinstalled a fresh Win10 yesterday with only a couple software items installed (adobe acrobat x pro, MS office 2016 pro, 7zip, notepad++, and EnCase 8) and a new BSOD event occurred still. All windows updates have been checked and drivers as of yesterday evening. I still cannot figure out what is causing the random events. I have run the sfc /scannow in command prompt with no issues or errors reported. Unless it is a hardware issue and I have to address this under warranty. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Capture.PNG

Attachments

• W7F_27-03-2017.zip
    356.7 KB · Views: 348
Looks like an error is occurring on the PCI express bus and Windows isn't able to create an error record for it. It's generally due to a firmware or driver problem associated with a PCI or PCI-e device. It's highly likely it's the graphics card causing the issue. There is a newer driver on nvidia's site for your device. I would try and update that.

NVIDIA card updated.
There was a newer one as of March. It was updated to the latest one previously before I did the fresh install and I still had BSOD's. Hopefully that is all the issue for this go-round. I have two other PCI / PCI-e devices installed as well, an Adaptec RAID card which I verified last week was up to date and a USB 3 port expansion card which did have issues with its USBSTOR driver file couple months ago before the fresh install yesterday. That was re-installed and I never saw that stop error but I did see others. I'll watch it for a week. If it doesn't happen again I'll assume it has been resolved. Thank you.

For grins going to device manager, click on view and select 'Resource By Type', expand Interrupt request look at the 0x000... strings and post which device has the string 0x0000000B.

I do not see that in the list. I have restarted the system a couple times since providing the report. Below is a screenshot of them all. What exactly is it you are interested/searching for?

Last edited:
No, but Windows auto assigns them so it's possible it assigned whatever device had B during the BSOD to a different IRQ

I have two other PCI / PCI-e devices installed as well, an Adaptec RAID card which I verified last week was up to date and a USB 3 port expansion card which did have issues with its USBSTOR driver file couple months ago before the fresh install yesterday.
Hi,
after going through your dump file, like Neem's say's your issues stem from the PCI/PCIE bus and the crash is much like a Bugcheck 124 hardware error. If the bsod continues after you updated those devices try removing them one at a time starting with whatever is plugged into the PCI Bus.

Back